About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
I am a second year interactive arts student at Manchester Metropolitan University, and here is what iv been up to, i hope you find some of it interesting.

Friday 20 January 2012

More Portraits..

I have been carrying on with my photographic portraits. Editing them using a mix of hi-pass and the dodge and burn tools, to bring out the tone and texture in the subjects skin, their imperfections and flaws, their shadows and lines. Ultimately creating a very striking image, that was one the one hand very unflattering but also, I felt, was very beautiful.



For some reason I felt that the teenagers, (Harry and Lucy) benefitted from staying in color, whereas Norman was best in black and white, I think mainly because there skin has different qualities - old and young.

Norman is my favorite, which out of the two (smiling or frowning), I don’t know, I think I like them as a set, because they are so similar yet so different, with just a small change in facial expression they each invoke a completely different mood. I hope to enter him into some sort of photographic composition, and I am also playing with the idea of painting him on a very large canvas.




No comments:

Post a Comment